Sunday, December 28, 2008

Menu Plan Monday


 
I've been on an unorganized hiatus for a while, but I'll try my hand at menu planning yet again. I'm hoping to get better at preparing my Menus in advance in 2009. I hope I can finally tackle it. I'm starting a diet this week, so hopefully I can watch my calories and portions in the process.


Monday-Chicken Fajitas
Tuesday- Venison Roast & Mixed Vegetables (I'm not gonna lie, I've never prepared a venison roast and I'm not looking forward to eating it)
Wednesday- Venison Stroganoff (made with leftover Venison roast)
Thursday-Just me and Ash, so we'll probably just have leftovers
Friday- Blackened Chicken Salad (whether the hubby likes it or not we're having salad)
Saturday-Roast Chicken, Mashed Potatoes, Corn
Sunday- Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup

For more Menu Plan Mondays, check out Org Junkie.

5 comments on "Menu Plan Monday"

Anonymous said...

We eat venison a lot. It is really good. Just cook it on low to keep it from drying out.
Toni

Christina on December 29, 2008 at 12:23 PM said...

We eat a lot of venison too. We have found that how strong the meat is depends largely on how well-cared for the animal was after being taken (prompt skinning, taking out the musk glands, etc.). Hopefully you have a good one! If it is strong-smelling stuff, though, rub it with stronger spices like thyme and orregano and lay some thin slices of onion or some celery over it when cooking. The other strong tastes help offset the gamey flavor of the meat.

Oh, and thank you for visiting my blog!

Christina on December 29, 2008 at 1:22 PM said...

My husband takes care of our deer too and always does and excellent job! however, my parents have had some yucky ones given to them...

A couple more vennison ideas are cutting the meat up into stew meat and using it in chilli and making a lot of ground deer. It seems like the taste is easier mask in things like meat loaf and pasta sauce.

Anonymous said...

My husband has dropped several hints about wanting to try venison, so please report on how it turns out. I have a bad venison memory from childhood (too gamey, but I was pickier then, and it was probably just not prepared well), but I'm up to try it again. Did you buy yours at a store, or was it hunted?

Mikki on December 29, 2008 at 8:52 PM said...

Hi there!
Just stopping by via Menu Monday. I saw the name of your blog and LOVED it! :-)
Your menu looks yummy.. even the venison part!

Hope to be back for a visit soon.

 

Confessions of an Unorganized Momma Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipietoon | Sponsored by Blogger Template Gallery