Friday, July 24, 2009

Meet Unorganized Momma


I really hate “About Me’s” because I never know what to write. I enjoy reading them, but I never feel I have anything interesting to say. So grab a little caffeine so you stay awake through mine. ;)

My name is Shanna (Shanna, like banana and I have seen Shanna’s Show a couple of times but only learned about it a few years ago). I am a 26 year old work at home mom. I’ve only been staying home for about a year now, so I consider myself a newbie to it still. I’ve been working from home for about 6 months now. I work for a great web design company in Texas called Pithy Productions, Inc. I do their customer service, some project management, and whatever else they ask me to do. My boss is great and she is from Minnesota just like me! She also authors ebooks about the open source ecommerce programs, so if you are in need check out osCommerce Manuals.

I am from Minnesota and have lived here my whole life. I was born in the southern part of the state but have lived in the northern part of the state for the majority of my life. I married my high school sweetheart and we have one son Ashton who is 2.5 and another boy due to join us in November (he’s due right before hunting opener so hopefully he’ll come just a little early). We moved back to the town we grew up in last August so I could stay at home. We bought a little fixer-upper that has kept us my hubby busy.

I love frugal living, couponing (though I am still learning), blogging, and otherwise avoiding housework. I am no domestic diva, but I can cook! I just need to get better about the cleaning, but then again I do call myself “Unorganized Momma” for a reason.

I just finished a move back to Blogger so there’s still a little dust in the corners and some cobwebs to clear out. Feel free to leaf through my old posts if you have time. Please do check out my “Top 10 Reasons I am Excited to Stay Home with My Family this Coming Weekend.” post and PLEASE, PLEASE pretty PLEASE leave a comment. I’d LOVE to win the $100! I have the details about how you can participate in the fun in that post so there’s even more incentive to check it out! :) Also, please check out my Journey for Jess post and feel free to spread the word about the journey. She was a very special little girl.

Thanks for stopping by, I hope you stayed awake and if not, I COMPLETELY understand! I'm participating in NotAtBlogHer09, Blog Hop 09, and Happy Blog Nerd Bash. Join in on the fun!

5 comments on "Meet Unorganized Momma"

Amy on July 24, 2009 at 3:09 PM said...

I am in South Dakota so hello neighbor. (I have lived here my whole life).

Sounds like you have a great at home career. Right now I am a SAHM. My youngest goes to preschool this year so I am getting closer to no kids at home during the school year, yikes!

Happy Blog Hopping

Amanda on July 24, 2009 at 7:44 PM said...

Thanks for stoppin' by BlogNerd! I too am a work at home mom, and I have only been at it for 2 years now ~ I'm loving it and can't ever imagine having to go back to an office!

Make sure that you check back today and tomorrow for the newer party posts and giveaways

Angela @ Nine More Months on July 24, 2009 at 11:55 PM said...

I'm definitely an "Unorganized Momma" too! I drive my hubby crazy with it because he is such a neat freak!

I am Harriet on July 25, 2009 at 2:51 PM said...

Hi Shania!
It's nice to meet you!
Stopping by via the blog hop to say hello!
http://iamharriet.blogspot.com/2009/07/blog-hopping-theres-lot-to-do-this.html

Anna on July 25, 2009 at 10:06 PM said...

Hi It is great to see your blog. I am hopping around and I hopped into your blog. I love it.
Have a great day!
I will be back often.

ntandem4life.blogspot.com
thethriftygeek.blogspot.com

 

Confessions of an Unorganized Momma Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipietoon | Sponsored by Blogger Template Gallery