I don't actually have a "recipe" as I always wing it each time, so this is just a rough guideline of what I put in my Baked Spaghetti.
Thin Spaghetti Noodles (cooked)- amount is up to you, I just grab a handful or so and throw it in the pot.
Can/Jar of Spaghetti Sauce - adjust the amount of sauce as you like. I like to keep it saucy so that the leftovers are not too dry.
Diced Tomatoes - Sometimes I need to make the sauce stretch a little farther so I add in some diced tomatoes to do that.
Sugar - I use Hunts spaghetti sauce (or sometimes store brand) and I find that it benefits from a little sugar
Seasoning - I add fresh Basil & Thyme from my garden and anything else I feel the sauce needs
Ground Beef/Pepperoni - This varies each time. Sometimes it's meatless, sometimes I include one or both of these.
Mozzerella Cheese - Use how much ever you want.
Mix everything together except for the cheese and put into a pan. My batch tonight is pretty large so it's going to go in a 9 x 13 pan but usually I use a smaller pan.
Add the cheese and put in the oven to get everything hot and the cheese all melted. I usually use 350 and I would guess it's in there for around 20 minutes.
Tonight I'm going to whip up some garlic toast since I have some extra loaves of bread on hand. I mix a little butter, garlic powder, and salt together and spread on slices of bread. YUM!
0 comments on "Baked Spaghetti"
Post a Comment