I am not the world's neatest person and you've probably already figured that out by the title of my blog and seeing some of my earlier posts. I live in a mess and although I don't like it, I generally do not feel compelled to do anything about it. For some reason, lately I've been wanting to do something about it and I'm just going to keep going with that. My (our) bedroom is a mess. Alot of the mess is my doing and some is my husband's. But in all honesty, it's mostly my mess. In my defense, I am a lot neater than when I was living at home with my parents. Back then you couldn't even tell I had a floor. At least now you could sort of see it.
I know you want to see the before shots. Please excuse the stark white walls and the ugly carpet. This is how we bought the house. We are actually going to be building our master bedroom in the garage, so we're not going to bother decorating this room and then redecorating later.
Unfortunately I didn't go and "make" the room extra messy for the pictures. This is the way our bedroom has been for at least a month. Notice the fire extinguisher in the last picture? One day I teased my husband that if there was a fire in the kitchen in the middle of the night that we would not be able to get out of the house any other way than our small windows so he grabbed the extinguisher. haha
So..... (drum roll please) here are the after pictures.
You will notice that the bed is still unmade and the pile of jeans are still on the floor. I'm not big on making the bed, neither my husband or I see the point so I didn't bother. The pile of jeans belong to my husband. They are his work pants and he needs to take them to work tomorrow so they can get cleaned. It's nice not having to wash those for him. I didn't vacuum the carpet either. I didn't want to wake my son since our room is next to his. I figured my husband would be happy enough with these results. :) The whole job took less than an hour and now our room is nice and tidy. Even the closet is neat!
For more Tackle it Tuesdays, visit
5 Minutes for Mom.
17 comments on "Tackle It Tuesday"
What a great "tackle". I'm sure that you feel much more at peace in your room now...
Looks so great! My master bedroom is always the last room I clean & the first room I use to dump stuff!
That's a great and ambitious tackle!!
I laughed when I saw your blog name. Can I borrow it?! Great tackle! Lots of hard work!
Wow! That was a HUGE tackle!
Great tackle! :D It looks wonderful!
I stumbled across your blog earlier this morning, and got distracted before leaving a comment!
I was lol'ing about the bed comment!! That's too funny! Plus, you're probably thinking that you're getting a new room anyway! Well, that's how I would be thinking at least. Have a wonderful day!
I think it's a huge improvement and I know how hard it must have been. Great Job!
Thanks for visiting my blog.
Great job! I love seeing people's houses, especially because my house is always a mess it seems. I don't feel so bad having company in the blogosphere.
wow, great tackle. You really got a lot accomplished!
Toni
A kindred soul! I'm messy too. My husband says when we get rich (HA!) he's hiring a maid. I say why wait til we get rich?
GREAT tackle! You'll be addicted soon.
Yeah for getting that task done. I hate those ones more than anything. I'd rather sand and paint all day, so huge applause to you.
LOL! I'm glad I'm not the only one who doesn't make the bed.
Great tackle. You don't even want to see my master bedroom. Ugh! And I don't make the bed either. I'm glad I'm not the only one.
Hi neighbor. I'm from MN too. Foley area.
Good luck becoming organized.
Good tackle. I agree with you on the pointlessness of making the bed every day.
Looks Awesome! We are all unorganized at some point in our lives I think. Some are in the womb and then are born organized. At least that is how I make myself feel better by seeing a very organized person.
You did an awesome job! Our room is a catch all for the rest of the house.
Erika
Post a Comment