Monday, November 3, 2008

Menu Plan Monday


From Confessions of an unorganized momma

Nothing to exciting on the menu this week. I am just starting to work on my menu planning. I need to start planning well in advance so I have the ingredients on hand for new recipes.

Monday-Thanksgiving Casserole - I call it my Thanksgiving Casserole because it reminds me of the goodies that we have at Thanksgiving (of course we have turkey instead of chicken, but it's close). There's no actual recipe I use for this, but it's chicken (cooked, I cut it up), a box of chicken stuffing (prepared to box directions), a can of cream of chicken soup and sometimes I use mashed potatoes and/or corn. I basically layer the ingredients potato, corn, chicken. cream of chicken (I add some water to get a gravy-like consistency), stuffing. I bake it in the oven for 20-30 minutes at 350.


Tuesday-Chicken Fajitas - Still looking for a good recipe for this


Wednesday-Meatloaf and mixed vegetable


Thursday-Spaghetti & meatballs w/garlic toast - I like to cook my meatballs ahead of time and then freeze them, so I can just take some out of the freezer whenever I need them. My husband loves meatballs, so even if spaghetti doesn't sound exciting he'll be excited about the meatballs.


Friday-Leftover meatloaf so I can have a night off. :)


Saturday- It's the first weekend of deer hunting, so I'm bringing some Chicken Tortilla Soup over to the In-laws' house and I'll enjoy whatever goodies they have there. :)

Sunday- Deer hunting is still going on, so Ash and I are either fending for ourselves or eating at the in-laws.

Check out other meal planning ideas at Meal Plan Monday.

7 comments on "Menu Plan Monday"

Niki Jolene on November 3, 2008 at 6:16 AM said...

Thanksgiving casserole sounds awesome! I think I'll be making that soon since I am seriously cravin turkey day food.

:)

Connie on November 3, 2008 at 10:24 AM said...

What a great idea for a casserole!

Happy Deer Hunting!

HDMac on November 3, 2008 at 11:59 AM said...

I haven't made fajitas in awhile. Sound nummy! :)

Mandy on November 3, 2008 at 4:16 PM said...

Oh, I love fajitas! but I just can't make them like my fav tex mex restraunt does, so I hardly ever try. Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Hailey on November 3, 2008 at 9:09 PM said...

Great start! I'm so excited to be new at doing this with other mom's like you! Here is what we do for Chicken Fajita's.

Cut up as much chicken as you want. I fry it in a pan with Olive Oil Spray and after it's cooked I take it out. Then I put a veggie stir-fry frozen package in the pan until they're soft (about 4 min) and then add the chicken back in along with seasonings (I use the Fajita seasoning mix in the packet). Follow the directions on the sauce packet and you're good to go. We serve ours on warm corn torillas with sour cream and home-made pico de gallo. Email me at derekandhailey@msn.com if you're interested in the salsa/pico de gallo recipe! Happy planning!

Mom24 on November 3, 2008 at 9:34 PM said...

I love the idea of your Thanksgiving Casserole. I've used this marinade for chicken fajitas: http://jas.familyfun.go.com/recipefinder/display?id=13591

Anonymous said...

If you shop at sams club, they have already cooked beef and chicken fajita meat that is awesome. I can get 2 meals from a bag for 4 people. it's already seasoned and tastes just like a really good mexican restaurant.

 

Confessions of an Unorganized Momma Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipietoon | Sponsored by Blogger Template Gallery