Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Tackle It Tuesday


Tackle It Tuesday Meme

Well, this morning in honor of Tackle it Tuesday, I decided to tackle the bathroom tub. We are in the middle of a bathroom renovation (I will post about it when we are done) and the tub is one of the few things we are not replacing. I painted the bathroom on Monday and dripped tan paint in the tub. My husband got paneling adhesive and caulking on/in the tub as well. It was pretty gross. On top of that, the husband must have decided to pull one of the loose tub floor grip strips off so there was residue from that on the bottom. Yuck.

My tools of choice for tackling this project were: The Works Tub & Shower Cleaner and a Scotchbrite Scrub Sponge.
From Tackle it Tuesday

Here are the before shots.

From Tackle it Tuesday
From Tackle it Tuesday
From Tackle it Tuesday
From Tackle it Tuesday

Pretty gross, right. I love using the Scotchbrite sponges because it takes a lot of the work out of cleaning the tub. I pretty much only use the green scrubby side. I have always loved The Works as my tub cleaner, but there are many other products out there that work just as well. The spot where my husband took one of the tub floor grip strips off was the worst to clean and took quite a bit of elbow grease, but I got it off.

And now for the after!
From Tackle it Tuesday
From Tackle it Tuesday
From Tackle it Tuesday

Isn't it pretty?? I'm pretty proud. Hopefully this weekend we can get the rest of the bathroom looking nice!

6 comments on "Tackle It Tuesday"

heidi on October 28, 2008 at 10:29 AM said...

Very nicely done!!!

MomOf4 on October 28, 2008 at 2:46 PM said...

Wow! Your tub looks great now! :)

~michelle pendergrass on October 28, 2008 at 5:33 PM said...

Great tackle! I did my bathtub last week for that CLR thing. Well, part of it. Yeah, I only did part of it. LOL

Anonymous said...

Wow, that looks great. I love those little sponges too, much less work for the hands!
Toni

Mindy on October 28, 2008 at 9:53 PM said...

Nice job! Thanks for visiting Shore's End.

Controlling My Chaos on October 29, 2008 at 1:55 AM said...

Great tackle. I loath cleaning the bathrooms. Ick.

 

Confessions of an Unorganized Momma Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipietoon | Sponsored by Blogger Template Gallery