Believe it or not, the above picture is actually a "clean" version of "The Corner." I had already moved all of the clutter to the table when I realized it would be an excellent blog topic and photos would be nice. Please ignore the ugly counter/cupboards and white walls. We are slowly picking away at projects in this house and unfortunately the kitchen is not high up on the list. :(
Here is the organizer I used for this project. We actually used this in our previous home. My husband wanted to eliminate "The Corner" in that home, but it was unsuccessful. I always said that we needed labels on the shelves and cubbies. How can you have a nice area if there is no organization to where everything should go?! So, this project was entirely free since I already had everything on hand. A nice bonus to go with a clean corner. :)
I happened to have some blank white shipping labels leftover from something, so I used those to organize each shelf. I drew out a rough drawing of the organizer on a sheet of paper and planned what would go on each shelf and then made labels to indicate what area of each shelf was for what.
I think it turned out pretty well. The empty shelf on the bottom is for all of my husbands junk that he takes out his pocket every day. His wallet, cell phone, etc. SHOULD all go there. Hopefully he will set it on the shelf, since it's not to far from where he normally sets it. When I was going through "The Corner", I noticed all of the spare change that my husband refuses to put in the jar in our bedroom. I decided to make a mini spare change jar for him.
I happened to have a small jar that I emptied over the weekend to use. I was going to be all creative and cut a slit in the lid so it was like a bank, but I just didn't have the right tools and I value my fingers to much. :) I took a black permanant marker and wrote "Spare Change" on the jar and placed it on the organizer. We'll see how long the organization lasts.
0 comments on "Makeover Monday"
Post a Comment