Sunday, October 14, 2007

Yeah, I'm the mom, so what?


So last night, as I was laying on the living room floor trying to sleep with my son, I thought to myself "Why am I the one that gave up a nice bed to try and get him to sleep? Why is it automatically my job?" As I lay there I thought to myself, it took the both of us to make this wonderful child but I had to push this child out of my body, walk around sore for a week, bleed for 2 months, breastfeed for going on a year now, and on top of all that, I have night duty too? Yeah that seems fair.

1 comments on "Yeah, I'm the mom, so what?"

heidi on October 28, 2008 at 9:30 PM said...

Oh, honey, I feel ya. Sometimes though, it's just easier to get it done yourself. After 4 kids, the hardest thing for me to remember is that this parenting thing is never 50/50. Just like in life, nothing is ever truly 50/50. Someone will always be pulling more weight than the other - and it won't *always* be you. Just when I want to stomp my feet and scream "not fair! Not fair! Not Fair!" Something happens that kind of evens things out a bit. Like he has to work and misses the babies first smile, or the baby rolling over. Or he misses the first time our daughter gets a phone call from a boy. Or he has to take all the kids to the pumpkin patch at night when it's 30 degrees and windy and I get to stay home in the warm house because I don't want the baby to catch cold.

Doesn't stop me from WANTING it to seem fair, though. ((hugs))

 

Confessions of an Unorganized Momma Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipietoon | Sponsored by Blogger Template Gallery